Whether you are an existing Grindaholik Media client or not, we’re happy to offer our Website Maintenance Plan to help you keep your site running smooth. And it’s a good way to save money as well!
What constitutes a maintenance request?
- Dotting your i’s, crossing your t’s, and other trivia
- Database updates such as adding products to your store, events to your calendar, etc.
- Updating copy
- Adding photos
- Software version updates
Note that the maintenance plan does not include SEO, SEM, or new site development, including new design, illustration, or software. Please contact us directly to inquire about these other options.
Why enroll in our maintenance plan?
- Clients on the maintenance plan receive priority.
- Clients on the maintenance plan benefit from up to 3 minimal updates as opposed to a $25 minimum charge per request for those not on the plan.
- There is a substantial reduction in fees on the maintenance plan. The more time you buy, the more you save. The minimum savings is 20%.
Things you should know and do when you need support
- To better serve all our clients and to see that your request is processed in a timely manner, we give our clients a special email to send requests to that is flagged so it gets special attention. Please do not send emails to us directly, otherwise your request may get overlooked or buried in the morass of spam we all receive each day. However, if you have a simple question that requires a simple immediate answer (not actual work), then, by all means, keep it easy and call us.
- Before you send in your request, to save on maintenance costs we recommend purchasing a maintenance plan below. This must be purchased in advance.
- All updates are billed to the minute. Clients not on a maintenance plan are subject to a $25 minimum charge.
- Updates are done in the order received and as time permits. While we do make every effort to get to the request the same day they are made, we make no guarantees that an update will be done immediately. Requests from clients on a maintenance plan are given priority unless other requests are of an urgent nature.
- Please understand that all phone calls, emails, and walk-in, or scheduled appointments will be billed when the intent is to receive help or instruction on your website.
- We do not bill when you need to report bugs, outages, or errors on our part.
Your cooperation with this new program will be a big help to us and will keep down the number of interruptions we face each day so we can better serve you.
REASONS FOR MAINTENANCE:
Maintaining a Content Management System (CMS) requires version updates, plugin upgrades, and hardware maintenance. New features require new training, development, and upkeep are included in our maintenance agreement costs. If these updates are not preformed makes your website a target that can easily be penetrated by hackers that will inject malicious code & destroy your website.
2. Database Backup & Restore
We backup your site the day it is launched, but as you add content, images, pages & widgets that content needs to be backed up and stored offline. You cannot leave the backup process up to the hosting vendor, it’s not their responsibility. Just like your laptop or desktop computer, you should be doing regular backups of your blog or website.
3. Storage Volume
Volume of files may be large in HTML-based systems. A site that contains many files leaves itself open to errors. For example, a client updating the site may create errors; large amounts of files can cause issues with updating. Trying to find the right file may take time, and may be hard to find.
4. Latency issues
Larger CMSs can experience latency if hardware infrastructure is not up to date, if databases are not being utilized correctly, and if cache files that have to be reloaded every time data is updated grow large. Load balancing issues may also impair caching files & drastically hurt the performance of your website.
5. Tool Mixing
Because the URLs of many CMSs are dynamically generated with internal parameters and reference information, they are often not stable enough for static pages and other Web tools, particularly search engines, to rely on them. It’s important to keep permalinks, url’s & google crawl requests current.
Thank you so much! And thank you for being the wonderful clients that you are.
We normally charge $90 for one hour of general maintenance, but by purchasing a pre-paid block of time you save up to $50 an hour! The larger the block of time you buy, the more you save. Blocks of time expire after 1 year.
Purchase your pre-paid maintenance plan here and save $